Regular Riot Portfolio
“Well music has always been in my blood” – Jethro
“That was hands down the most straightforward and no stress recording I’ve ever done. And I’m buzzed about the results!” – Pixie Styx
- Producer & Host of www.nottsrockcast.co.uk podcast
- Recording & Co-producing The Negotory Effect‘s First EP (Name TBA)
- Recorded & Mixed Mordhau’s 2018 Demo, (https://mordhau.bandcamp.com/)
- Recorded & Mixed Viaceslav Klimasevskij’s showcase medley of song for his portfolio
- Recorded & Mixed Pixie Styx Music’s song Damp Patch
- Recorded, Mixed & Co-produced Three Years Of Winter’s First Album Corruption. Greed. Deceit. (https://threeyearsofwinter.bandcamp.com/)
- Started www.nottsrockcast.co.uk podcast as Producer & Host
- Stage manager for the No-Hate festival in 2017
- Assisting the installation of an academy’s Music Studio & Drama Studio in their new building
- Tech/IT support for the iMedia classes (Using iMac’s)
- 2002 – 2009
- Taking time away from music, working in IT/Electronics/Engineering (But still playing Guitar Every Day!)
- Studied Preforming arts at College, Creating background music for performances, as well as managing sound & lighting in the theatre environment
- Music technology enrichment as part of my 1st diploma in preforming arts
- In secondary school as well as being the music departments prefect,
- 2 weeks work experience at Copro Records, learning all the in & outs of a record company
- The Early Years
- It all started with making dance tracks on eJay connecting two PC’s though a guitar effects pedal at the age of 9!
- From the age of 14 till 16 playing guitar in a school band
- Recording & making Dance/ DnB with Nuendo 1.0 till age of 16
Damp Patch by Pixie Styx, recorded & mixed by Regular Riot (Follow Pixie Styx on Facebook)
Viaceslav Klimasevskij Medley, recorded by Regular Riot
Production & Song Writing
These are some examples of music writing done under the name Regular Riot
When it comes to mixing sometimes it is nice to hear a sample mix, all three mixes here can be downloaded & listened to, so you can compare.
“American Winter” By Lij Shaw of Recording Studio Rockstars Podcast,
This song is off his instrumental album “Skadoosh!” You will find in this mix I have emphasised on the bass cutting through the middle. with the melody of the guitars clearly heard at the edges.
Find out more about Skadoosh! at http://recordingstudiorockstars.com/skadoosh/ also make sure you check out an listen to his podcast! As it has been a great adventure listening to many music professionals, while I sit at my day job making Guitar and XLR cables, Thanks Lij!
“Blame it on the Whiskey” by Robert Jon & the Wreck
When mixing this song I did not really focus any one part of this song as I just wanted to mix it as I heard it. So other than employing my unique vocal thickening this could be regarded as a standard mix. If you wish to compare this track to the released please bare in mind the released track it mastered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XFiq54kXM
The multi-tracks for this song have been provided by “Produce like a pro” you can find many other multi-tracks on there website here https://www.producelikeapro.com/ Would like to give a big thank you to Warren Huart as his YouTube channel has been an amazing part of getting my skills back up to date!
‘Coffee Cab’ By Spectre Media Group (https://spectremedia.ca/)
So this is just a standard metal mix giving you an idea of what I like to do with multi-tracked guitars, there are 4 rhythm guitars, panned in a configuration of two far right/left and two brought in half way right/left to give that full wall of distortion, with the bass guitar cutting straight up the center!
Well what can I say I am a “Metal Head” at heart,So when I found that Glenn Fricker of “Spectre Media Group” had a metal multi-track well I clicked faster than the Waves Christmas plugin sale. Glenn runs an amazing YouTube Channel, where he is very out spoken and honest about gear check it out https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectreSoundStudios/featured